– A public meeting on May 30 from 6-7:30 p.m. will provide the opportunity to review a studyon potential traffic impacts for a proposed new Spokane Valley Library and/or expansion of Balfour Park. The meeting is at the Spokane Valley Fire Department Station 1 located at 10319 E. Sprague Avenue.
Impacts could include increased traffic in areas surrounding the library, changes in traffic patterns, impacts to on-street parking and more. The study also examines possible measures to mitigate the impacts, including road, sidewalk or transit modifications, changes to traffic patterns and others.
– Sprague Avenue/Fancher Road Intersection – Sprague eastbound and Fancher southbound will be reduced to one lane around the clock from 7 am on Tuesday, May 22 through about noon Saturday, May 26 for utility upgrades.
– Sprague Avenue – Evergreen to Sullivan Reconstruction Project: Traffic impacts and areas of construction will vary during four construction phases between May 21 and mid-August.
– University Road between 16th and Sprague avenues – Expect curb lane closures in both directions at different times around the clock from the evening of Wednesday, May 23 through Friday, May 25 for resurfacing.
– 8000 Block of E Riverway Avenue – Delays and minor congestion due to heavy equipment in the area.