Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan
SRTC and Spokane Transit, working together, completed an update to the Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan (CPT-HSTP). The plan addresses public transportation in Spokane County, particularly for people with disabilities, older people, youth and individuals with limited incomes. The SRTC Board approved the CPT-HSTP on November 8, 2018, and the document can be viewed by clicking the document image below.
The CPT-HSTP must meet state and federal requirements for human services transportation coordination. It includes the following:
- Identification of special transportation needs, including service to rural areas, as determined through outreach and discussion with service providers and transit users.
- Demographic data, location of people with special transportation needs, their common trip origins and destinations, and existing transportation services available.
- Solutions that can aid in the planning and delivery of services.
- Description of public transportation needs / gaps in service and strategies to meet those needs.
- Identification of community project priorities.
- Coordination with local emergency management agencies and transportation providers to ensure disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
* For a Word version of this document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (509) 343-6370.