Regional ITS Architecture
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) are electronic systems that monitor, evaluate, and manage the transportation network to increase efficiency and improve safety. ITS encompasses a broad range of technologies. The Spokane region has been using ITS for a number of years, and most large transportation projects today include ITS components.
Federal Highway Administration rules and Federal Transit Administration policies require that regions develop a Regional ITS Architecture based on the National ITS Architecture, and that ITS projects funded with federal transportation funds must conform with the Regional ITS Architecture.
The Spokane Regional Transportation Management Center (SRTMC) is the primary forum for ITS collaboration between agencies in the Spokane region. SRTMC led the development of the current Regional ITS Architecture in 2013 and is responsible for maintaining the architecture. SRTC hosts the architecture on this website as a planning and engineering resource for the region.
developed with Turbo Architecture
- Spokane Region ITS Implementation Plan (PDF)
- Regional ITS Architecture Compliance Checklist (PDF)
- Regional ITS Architecture Change Request Form (PDF)
- FHWA ITS Architecture Implementation Program
- FHWA Regional ITS Architecture Guidance Document
- National ITS Architecture