SRTC’s Vision– SRTC is recognized for excellence in transportation planning and regional cooperation.
SRTC’s Mission– To coordinate transportation planning in the Spokane region by providing leadership, expertise, and a forum for collaboration.
Who We Are & What We Do
The Spokane Regional Transportation Council (SRTC) is the lead agency for transportation planning for the area covered by Spokane County. SRTC offers services that include conducting transportation studies, census information analysis, air quality conformity and analysis, traffic count data, travel demand modeling and distributing state and federal funds to local transportation projects and programs. For more information on SRTC and member jurisdictions, see the “About SRTC” page.
- Input Needed on Priority List of Projects– SRTC’s Board of Directors has approved a list of transportation projects that are considered priorities for which the region is actively committed to seeking funds. Members of the public are asked to share their thoughts on the list. Click the link to review it and for information on how to comment.
- Education Series Event: Community Conversation with Joe Minicozzi– SRTC is bringing Joe Minicozzi, AICP to Spokane to talk about compact, walkable urban developments that can financially beneﬁt the municipalities they are located in and growth strategies that can reduce infrastructure costs while also boosting tax revenues. Free and open to everyone.
- The September TTC meeting will be held one week early due to scheduling conflicts; it will be on Wednesday, September 19 at 1:30 pm. The August meeting is at the regular date/time.
- Land Use Forecasting; Dr. Michael Clay Evaluates SRTC’s Land Use Allocation Methodologies– Dr. Michael Clay recently evaluated SRTC’s methodology for projecting and allocating future employment and housing inventories used in the agency’s Travel Demand Model. Dr. Clay holds a PhD in Transportation Technology and Policy and specializes in assisting mid-sized MPOs evaluate their current methods. In this video, Dr. Clay presents on the state of the practice of land use forecasting, as well as alternatives and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan Update – SRTC, in coordination with Spokane Transit Authority (STA), will be updating the Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan (CPT-HSTP) during 2018. The CPT-HSTP addresses special transportation service needs, particularly for persons with disabilities, older adults, youth, and individuals with limited incomes within and traveling to Spokane County. Click on the link above for more information about the plan and details about how to submit comments.
Join our mailing list to receive the SRTC quarterly newsletter.
Another event is coming up quickly in our Education Series. SRTC is bringing Joe Minicozzi, AICP to Spokane on Sept. 13. Minicozzi is the principal of Urban3, an Asheville, North Carolina consulting firm, and a popular speaker on city planning issues. In a free...