You won’t need the luck of the Irish driving downtown this weekend, but you may want to plan ahead to avoid road and parking closures that accompany the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The parade is Saturday, March 16, at noon.
Parking restrictions begin on Friday, March 15. Any vehicles parked in restricted parking areas by 7a.m. on Saturday are subject to tow. Parking will be restricted on:
• Spokane Falls Blvd. from Bernard St. to Post St.
• Bernard St. from Spokane Falls Blvd. to Main Ave.
• Main Ave. from Bernard St. to Stevens St.
• Washington St. from Spokane Falls Blvd. to Main Ave.
• Stevens St. from Spokane Falls Blvd. to Main Ave.
• Post St. from Spokane Falls Blvd. to the River.
• On Dean and Cataldo avenues from Howard St. to Washington St.
Streets will be closed to traffic for the parade itself on Saturday. The parade staging area on Washington St. from Boone Ave. to Spokane Falls Blvd. and on Howard from Boone to Mallon will close down at 9:45am. The entire parade route will close at 11 a.m. and reopen at about 2:30 p.m. Parade starts at Spokane Falls Blvd. and Washington, runs east on Spokane Falls to Browne, south on Browne to Main, west on Main to Stevens, north on Stevens to Spokane Falls, west on Spokane Falls to Post, over the Post St. Bridge and back to the Spokane Arena lots. More information at www.friendlysonsofstpatrick.com.