Spokane Valley could be getting a new shared use trail! A community workshop is scheduled for next Monday, March 11 from 4-7 pm at Spokane Valley City Hall (11707 E. Sprague, Suite 101).
The proposed trail would run down the old Milwaukee Right-of-Way, between University Road and Evergreen Road and between Sprague and 4th Avenue. City of Spokane Valley staff members and design planning consultants will be on hand to introduce the project, review maps, and help gather input from the community on:
• The alignment and location of the 12 ft. wide pathway;
• The types of landscaping desired in the surrounding Right-of-Way area;
• The location of convenient access points;
• Amenities to include such as benches, lighting, bike racks or others; and
• Making it a safe place for everyone to enjoy; and other considerations.
The Milwaukee Right-of-Way was set aside to accommodate future transportation needs. An interlocal agreement between Spokane County, which owns the Right-of-Way, and the City of Spokane Valley allows the property to be developed for enjoyment by the community as a trail until it is needed for other transportation purposes.