After going through everything that we do here, we asked them for some input on the transportation system of the area. Some of their observations included:
- The lack of stop signs at intersections in the neighborhood near 5th and Cedar make riding a bike kind of scary.
- There are no safe or comfortable routes to cross either I-90 or Freya to get from the south hill to downtown.
- There are long stretches of Francis avenue without crosswalks to get across it.
- One student commutes from Sandpoint to attend EWU and can’t wait for the North Spokane Corridor to be complete because it will take time off his commute.
- Another student has always been in towns without bus infrastructure or transit options and is now intimidated by riding the bus. As a result he’s never ridden public transit in his whole life (we’re going to have to take him for a field trip I think).
So that’s what you have to look forward to folks. These kids will be getting out of school in a couple of years and taking the planning world by storm. Hopefully they’ll let us old timers keep our jobs when they take over.