2020-2023 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The SRTC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a comprehensive four-year program of regional transportation projects of all types: maintenance and preservation of existing roads, construction of new roads, public transit improvements, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, bridge replacement projects, etc. These projects come from cities, towns and agencies throughout Spokane County. The 2020-2023 TIP was adopted by the SRTC Board of Directors on October 10, 2019.
Other purposes of the TIP are to:
• Demonstrate fiscal constraint for the projects contained in the plan
• Demonstrate that the projects meet conformity with state air quality standards
• Identify other planned transportation projects adopted in local six-year TIPS
All transportation projects that receive federal funding are required to be included the TIP. SRTC updates the TIP every year and after it is approved it becomes part of the Washington State Transportation Improvement Program.
• The TIP is amended on a nearly monthly basis, January through October, as timelines, funding sources, and other project details change.
• Each amendment goes through a 10-day public comment period and comments are presented to the SRTC Board of Directors.
• Amendments for the 2020-2023 TIP are listed in the blue box below.
A proposed amendment to the 2020-2023 TIP is currently open for public comment from 4/20/20 to 4/30/20 at 4:00 pm. Click “MAY” on the chart below to see details about the three projects in the proposed amendment. Comments can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to SRTC at 421 W Riverside Ave Suite 500, Spokane WA 99201 or by phone to (509) 343-6370.
Amendments to the TIP
A proposed amendment to the 2020-2023 TIP will be open for public comment from 4/20/20 to 4/30/20 at 4:00 pm. Click “MAY” on the chart below to see details about the three projects in the proposed amendment. Comments can be submitted by email to email@example.com, by mail to SRTC at 421 W Riverside Ave Suite 500, Spokane WA 99201 or by phone to (509) 343-6370.
2020 TIP Amendments
|Amendment||Date approved by State|
|March||April 13, 2020|
|April||May 13, 2020|
The guidebook provides information related to the development and maintenance of STRC’s TIP, SRTC calls for projects and various programming policies that apply to projects receiving SRTC regional funds. Click on the link below to open the 2020 TIP Guidebook.