2020-2023 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The SRTC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a comprehensive four-year program of regional transportation projects of all types: maintenance and preservation of existing roads, construction of new roads, public transit improvements, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, bridge replacement projects, etc. These projects come from cities, towns and agencies throughout Spokane County. The 2020-2023 TIP was adopted by the SRTC Board of Directors on October 10, 2019.
Other purposes of the TIP are to:
• Demonstrate fiscal constraint for the projects contained in the plan
• Demonstrate that the projects meet conformity with state air quality standards
• Identify other planned transportation projects adopted in local six-year TIPS
All transportation projects that receive federal funding are required to be included the TIP. SRTC updates the TIP every year and after it is approved it becomes part of the Washington State Transportation Improvement Program.
A proposed amendment to the 2020-2023 TIP is currently open for public comment, from March 20, 2020 through 4:00 pm on March 30, 2020. Details about the amendment can be found by clicking the “TIP Amendments” box below and then selecting “April”. Comments can be submitted to SRTC by the following methods: email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call (509)343-6370 or mail to SRTC, 421 W Riverside Ave Suite 500, Spokane WA 99201.
Amendments to the TIP
The TIP is amended on a nearly monthly basis, January through October, as timelines, funding sources and other project details change. Amendments for 2020 are listed in the table below.
2020 TIP Amendments
|Amendment||Date approved by State|
• The TIP is amended multiple times throughout the year.
• Each amendment goes through a 10-day public comment period
• Click on the image to the above to view the 2020-2023 TIP document.
• To view an interactive map of 2020-2023 TIP Projects, click here: TIP Webmap Viewer
As of 03-23-20 the TIP Webmap Viewer is temporarily unavailable. Staff are working to repair the problem. We appreciate your patience.
The guidebook provides information related to the development and maintenance of STRC’s TIP, SRTC calls for projects and various programming policies that apply to projects receiving SRTC regional funds. Click on the link below to open the 2020 TIP Guidebook.