2020-2023 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The SRTC Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a comprehensive four-year program of regional transportation projects of all types: maintenance and preservation of existing roads, construction of new roads, public transit improvements, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, bridge replacement projects, etc. These projects come from cities, towns and agencies throughout Spokane County. The 2020-2023 TIP was adopted by the SRTC Board of Directors on October 10, 2019.
Other purposes of the TIP are to:
• Demonstrate fiscal constraint for the projects contained in the plan
• Demonstrate that the projects meet conformity with state air quality standards
• Identify other planned transportation projects adopted in local six-year TIPS
All transportation projects that receive federal funding are required to be included the TIP. SRTC updates the TIP every year and after it is approved it becomes part of the Washington State Transportation Improvement Program.
Amendments to the TIP
• The TIP is amended multiple times throughout the year.
• Each amendment goes through a 10-day public comment period.
• The March amendment to the 2020-2023 TIP would add multiple new projects and modify four existing projects. Click the box above for a drop down menu of TIP amendment information and select “March” to view project details, then share your thoughts on this proposed amendment. Comments can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to SRTC at 421 W Riverside Ave Suite 500, Spokane WA 99201 or called into 509.343.6370.
The guidebook provides information related to the development and maintenance of STRC’s TIP, SRTC calls for projects and various programming policies that apply to projects receiving SRTC regional funds. Click on the link below to open the 2019 TIP Guidebook.