Westbound traffic shifts start next week on Snoqualmie Pass, lane closures for inspection of Vantage Bridge
Drivers need to plan for added travel time
It’s going to be a busy week for construction and maintenance work next week on Interstate 90 across Snoqualmie Pass and the Vantage Bridge.
Starting Tuesday, June 12 the westbound lanes between milepost 52 near the summit of Snoqualmie Pass and milepost 47 near the Denny Creek area will be reduced to two lanes, with one lane shifted eastbound and the other lane continuing westbound. This traffic shift will be in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until mid-August so contractor crews can continue repairing bridge decks.
Drivers will also experience minor delays during the day and at night due to several work zones between Hyak and Cle Elum.
Near Vantage, crews will be inspecting the Vantage Bridge between mileposts 136 to 137 from Monday, June 11 to Thursday, June 14 from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day. Drivers will experience minor delays due to lane closures in both directions.
WSDOT provides a variety of tools to help plan your trip over Snoqualmie Pass:
- Sign up for email updates and text message alerts.
- Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
- Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for region-wide updates.
- Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
- Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
- Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.