Here are road closures this morning due to low visibility and/or blowing snow:
– Highway 27 (Spokane and Whitman counties)
– Highway 21 (Lind to Wilbur)
– Highway 261 (Interstate 90 to Highway 26)
– State Highway 28 that runs from Davenport through Odessa in Lincoln County to Ephrata.
– State Highway 23 near Harrington
– U.S. Highway 195 from Colfax to Idaho state line southeast of Uniontown has reopened this morning, but chains are required.
Because of all these closures, the Washington State Department of Transportation is asking drivers to please delay their Thanksgiving weekend travel plans if they can until the weather lets up.
The forecast calls for snow on I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass all week. WSDOT advises motorists to consider leaving early, Wednesday, Nov. 24, and returning later, Monday, Nov. 29.
WSDOT is ready for the expected increased traffic for the Thanksgiving holiday and wants you to be too. So check roadway and pass conditions before leaving, and pack winter weather supplies, including tire chains.