The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), Eastern Region, has several projects that will be under construction in our area during 2013, valued at about $70 million.
- The North Spokane Corridor (NSC) Francis Avenue Bridge Replacement project is already underway.
- The BNSF Railway Realignment and Children of the Sun Trail Extension will start soon. Both this project and the one above were made possible through savings from competitive bids and the award of a federal “TIGER” grant.
- The US 195/Cheney-Spokane Road Interchange project is now under construction. This work replaces the existing, at-grade intersection, with a full “diamond” interchange. This will alleviate the cross-traffic and left-turn collision risk at that location, just to the southwest of downtown Spokane.
- New asphalt paving on SR 291/Francis Avenue from Division Street to the vicinity of Lowell Road. The second half of that job is pavement repair and/or chip seal resurfacing from Lowell Road to the Spokane/Stevens County line.
- Paving will be underway on US 2 from Espanola Road to Interstate 90. That work goes through the City of Airway Heights.
- There is also asphalt paving on SR 27 in the Spokane Valley
More info on WSDOT Eastern Region projects can be found here.