Do you have a disability? Are you a senior citizen? Do you have a limited income or live in a rural area? If you said yes to any of the above, we want to hear from you.
SRTC is working with Spokane Transit to update the regional Human Services Transportation Plan, a document that addresses transportation barriers for people who are “traditionally disadvantaged” when it comes to transportation, then works to find fixes for those challenges.
This week, we are coordinating with the Kalispel Tribe to host a Tribal Transit open house on Thursday, June 28 from 1-4 p.m. at the Camas Wellness Center in Usk, WA. So if you are in that area Thursday, please stop by and talk with us about what you feel is needed for our area when it comes to transportation. In particular we are looking for:
- How does transportation or lack of transportation affect you?
- What transportation services are needed in Spokane County?
- Are there gaps in service / lack of accessible transportation? (please provide specific examples)
- What are the places you general need to get to? (specific services, geographic areas, other)
- What transportation methods currently work for you?