- The project to construct n bridge over the railroad viaduct on Havana St. north of Broadway Ave. is complete and the bridge is open to traffic! The new bridge has four traffic lanes; the outside traffic lane is a shared bike lane, and there are sidewalks on each side. Crews are completing final detail work over the next two weeks and during that time drivers can expect single lane closures. The $7.9 million project was funded by the Washington State Freight Mobility Board, State Transportation Improvement Board, federal sources, Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad, and the City of Spokane.
- 18th Ave. from Thor to Ray Streets will be closed through Friday, Sept. 14 for a grind and overlay project. The $105,000 project is being funded by the Transportation Benefit District.
- Construction starts today on University Road between Union Rd. and Main Rd. It is expected to be complete by Oct. 1, weather permitting. There will only be one open lane in each direction from 7am to 10pm. The southbound left turn at Sprague will be closed on Monday, Sept. 10 through the middle of the week.
- Nevada Street is closed to through traffic between Hawthorne and the Newport Highway (US 2) to upgrade sidewalks to ADA standards at the intersection and revise the traffic signal system and traffic island. Traffic is detoured via Hawthorne Road. Drivers on the Newport Highway (US 2) should be alert for shoulder closures.
- Construction on the very high impact Beck Road Interchange project started yesterday just east of the Washingotn State line. From 7 pm tonight until 5 tomorrow morning, I90 will be closed in that area. Eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured onto Seltice Way between the Stateline Interchange (WA MP 299) to the Pleasantview Road Interchange (ID MP 2). You can expect slow traffic, stopped traffic, congestion, and delays.