City of Spokane Valley officials will present an updated design to increase safety, reduce the risk of collisions and improve traffic flow on Pines Road at Grace Avenue at a community meeting from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 3 at CenterPlace Regional Event Center, 2426 N. Discovery Place in Spokane Valley.
A presentation at 5:30 p.m. will review project details, including:
- New left turn lanes on northbound and southbound Pines at Grace.
- Sight distance improvements on the west side of the intersection.
- Slightly narrower lanes to accommodate safety improvements.
- Reconstruction of pedestrian ramps on sidewalks at each corner.
- Addition of a stormwater drainage swale (a low, grassy area) on the east side of the intersection.
The project is tentatively scheduled for construction in June, July and August 2018.