Beginning March 7, small dogs and cats can join their owners on Amtrak
Cascades trains for their next adventure.
Previously, only service animals were allowed on Amtrak Cascades trains. Due to the sensitivity of other passengers, dogs and cats must meet the
- The maximum weight including the carrier is limited to
- Owners can reserve a space for their pet for a $25 fee;
limit one pet per passenger.
- For the safety and comfort of all passengers, pets must
remain in a carrier at all times and carriers must remain on the floor in
front of the seat next to the passenger
- The maximum carrier size is 19 inches long, 14 inches
wide, and 10.5 inches high
- Five pet spots are allowed per train and are allotted
on a first-come, first-served basis
Pet reservations will be accepted for travel beginning March 7 and can only
be made with a reservation agent at 1-800-USA-RAIL or at a staffed station.
Pets are not allowed on trips to Canada and cannot be booked on trips lasting
longer than 7 hours.