SRTC last night hosted an open house to gather input on recommendations developed for the West Plains- Spokane International Airport Transportation Study. Consider it was a snowy night, we had a pretty good turnout. Some of the comments we heard include:
– Put a traffic light at Flint Road and U.S. 2 to make it easier for cars to turn left across the highway (this is in the process of becoming a realization)
– Develop a light rail line to the airport
– Install bike lanes within the study area
– Put a bus shelter at the bus stop across from Walmart
– Put a bus route on Thorpe Road to Thomas Mallon Road as there are housing developments going in there
– Develop a bus route that connects Medical Lake, Cheney, Airway Heights, Fairchild Air Fore Base and EWU
All of these comments will now be analyzed as we develop a report for this study. If you would like to view the recommendations and results from the WP-SIA Transportation Study, go here. There are also directions there on how to submit comments on the suggestions.
Okay, with that meeting over, we still have two more open houses this week. Tomorrow (Thursday) we are hosting two Transportation Vision Project open houses. They are from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 4-7 p.m. at the Kress Gallery in River Park Square. Here’s more info on those meetings and the project.