A new report from the League of American Bicyclists looks at exactly where people ride in the U.S. and the trends in riding.
“Where We Ride: An Analysis of Bicycling in American Cities” looks at:
- The 25 American cities with the most bicycle commuters
- How all 50 states rank according to bicycle commuters as a share of all commuters
- How cities with a high percentage of bicycle commuters compare to other cities in their regions
- How cities compare based upon multimodal commuters, looking beyond just bikes to other forms of transportation that involve more physical activity, including walking and transit
- Cities where a majority of bicycle commuters are women
This report will be used to give cyclists, policy makers and the general public a better idea of the breadth and diversity of cities that are better than the national average for bike commuters as a share of all commuters. Here’s the link to the report. Some interesting info is included in it, including how Washington ranks compared to other states.