I recently had my job evaluation and was asked, as part of it, to set some professional goals for the upcoming year. These are a little late for the new year, but I guess they could kind of be considered ‘resolutions.’ So here’s what I came up with that I would like to tackle at SRTC in 2011:
– ‘Relaunch’ KMPO blog and build up readership (KMPO is our sister-agency in Kootenai County. This is important important because Spokane County could become a ‘combined statistical area’ with Coeur d’Alene)
– Start a SRTC Twitter account as yet another method of reaching the public
– Develop a social media policy
– Form a ‘networking’ group with other area Public Information professionals in the transportation field
– Increase marketing of the Spokane Regional Transportation Management Center (SRTMC) to the public.
– Revise the SRTC Public Involvement Policy to make sure we are reaching all sectors of society.
Plus a million other little things that will come up between now and the end of the year that will take up most of my time. It seems mundane, but that’s my list. What’s your thoughts? This is just the ‘public outreach’ end of things because that’s what I do, but are there any major areas SRTC is missing?