Community members have an opportunity to review the project design and learn about temporary traffic impacts during construction of the Mission Avenue – Flora to Barker improvement project. Spokane Valley staff will host a community meeting on the project from 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesday, Apr. 18 at Greenacres Christian Church, 18010 E. Mission Avenue in Spokane Valley.
An overview presentation at 5:30 p.m. will be followed by time to talk with City of Spokane Valley Engineering staff about the project design, and review temporary traffic impacts to expect during construction.
The project, designed to improve safety and traffic flow, is anticipated for construction from late June through the end of October. Improvements include:
· Reconstructing the roadway for smoother, safer travel
· A left-turn lane on Mission at the Long intersection
· Sidewalks with ADA-compliant ramps on both sides of Mission
· Bike lanes
· Rapid Rectangular Flashing Beacons alerting drivers to pedestrians/cyclists in the school zone crosswalk
· Radar speed limit signs at Barker and Flora
· Planting strips where space allows.
For more information, contact Project Engineer Craig Aldworth at email@example.com or (509) 720-5001.