About 50 business owners and managers attended a City of Spokane- sponsored workshop last week titled “Open for Business: Making the Best of Rough Road Construction.” The workshop was aimed at helping businesses located along the sites of street and utility construction projects cope with the effects to their business.
For those who were unable to attend, the workshop and related “Surviving Construction” printed materials are now available here.
The program covered:
• How to get information on local projects and provide feedback to construction engineers.
• What to expect when construction begins.
• Developing business planning strategies to ready your company for street construction.
• Survival tips for making it through the construction project.
• Developing communication, staying on message, staying positive and using creative promotion and business strategies.
• Post-construction ideas to get your business back on track.
For more information on road construction in the Spokane Region, check out the SpokaneRoadFix.net website.