– In Whitman County, U.S. Highway 272 just west of Palouse
– Highway 26 three miles west of Colfax and Highway 194 near the Almota grain elevators is partially blocked by mudslides
– Highway 27 is reduced to one lane due to snow drifts
– Snoqualmie and Stevens passes are closed due to extreme avalanche danger
– US 97 Blewett Pass is closed from the Big Y junction to the Lauderdale junction due to heavy snow and mud slides over the roadway.
– Whites Pass is open, but traction devices are required
Deep snow is no longer the issue causing driving problems, it’s now deep puddles. Spokane City crews today are switching from plowing to storm drain cleaning to try to clear the roads of standing water and prevent flooding. They can’t get to all the drains though and are asking for your help to keep your neighborhood from flooding. If you can help, the City has added information on the location of storm drains to its GIS mapping program on the Internet. Here’s a link.