Because the Independence Day holiday falls on a Saturday this year, we’ve got some schedule changes in the works this week. Most government offices will be closed on Friday, July 3. Here’s a roundup of what’s going on:
– SRTC will be closed on Friday, July 3. We’ll reopen at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 6.
– Most Washington State Department of Transportation construction work will be suspended by noon on Thursday, July 2 in anticipation of increased holiday traffic. Interstate 90 west of Spokane near the Cheney/Four Lakes Interchange will be reduced to one lane in each direction for a bridge deck repair. Interstate 90 just east of Downtown Spokane may have grooved pavement and abrupt lane edges.
– Spokane City Hall will be closed on Friday, July 3.
– Downtown Spokane parking meters don’t have to be plugged both Friday and Saturday, July 3 and 4.
– The Spokane City Council meeting for Monday, July 6, has been cancelled because of a lack of a quorum.
– Spokane County offices will be closed on Friday, July 3rd. The Spokane County Courthouse, Public Safety Building and Veterans Services will also be closed.