- ElkFest will take place this Friday, through Sunday, June 8 to 10, in Browne’s Addition. Cannon St. from Pacific to First avenues will be closed.
- The Spring Flake Suede Swamp Stomp and Bike Swap Meet takes place Saturday, June 9, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fifth Ave. from Oak to Cannon streets and Elm St. from Fourth to Fifth avenues will be closed for the car show and bike swap.
The 21st Annual LGBTQA Pride Parade and Rainbow Festival, sponsored by OutSpokane, will take place from noon until 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 9. The parade begins at noon; the route begins at Wall St. and Main Ave.; marchers will travel along Main Ave. until they reach Stevens St., and then follow Stevens St. to Riverside Ave., turning onto Riverside Ave. traveling to Post St., back onto Main Ave. to Howard St., onto Howard St. and end at Riverfront Park. Motorists are asked to drive with caution as parade marchers are on the street
- The Cruizin’ for Kids Car and Motorcycle Show to benefit the Starlight Children’s Foundation takes place this Sunday, June 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Garland Ave. from Monroe to Lincoln streets will be closed to accommodate the event which includes live music, children’s play area, and vendors.
Friday, June 8th, from 7 a.m. until as late as Noon, northbound Division Street traffic is diverted onto Wandermere Road between Farwell and the Hatch Road Interchange. This detour will be in place to allow the contractor to remove temporary concrete barriers, install median barriers, and apply paint striping for the new NSC Interchange. Striping work requires dry pavement and may have to be rescheduled. On Friday, June 8, depending on weather, some traffic lanes will be restricted for intersection crosswalk and turn arrow painting. On Wednesday, June 13th, late in the day or evening, the new freeway lanes will open providing a free flow, high speed connection from existing US 395 at Wandermere to the Freya Street Roundabout just north of Francis Avenue, a distance of over 5 miles. On Monday, June 11th, depending on weather, beginning at about 9 p.m., until as late as 9 p.m. on Tuesday, southbound US 395 traffic will be diverted onto Wandermere Road to allow crews to paint the concrete traffic barriers.
- On Wednesday, June 13, beginning at 9 a.m. until as late as 3 p.m., westbound I-90 will be reduced to two through lanes in the vicinity of Freya. The right lane will be closed. Possible slow traffic and congestion.
- On Monday, June 11 and possibly Tuesday, June 12, from about 9 p.m. until as late as 4 a.m. the following morning, the northbound and southbound NSC from Freya to Farwell will be closed for the installation of an overhead sign structure. Traffic will be detoured via Market Street. In addition, Freya remains closed to all traffic between the NSC Roundabout and Lincoln Road. The official detour for access to Fairview Road, Lincoln Road, Gerlach Road, plus businesses and residences on Freya in this area is from the north via Freya Street from Market Street. This closure may be in place until early July during construction of the second roundabout.
- The seconf phase of the Sprague Avenue – Evergreen to Sullivan Reconstruction Project begins June 11 and continue through late June – South side of Sprague between Sullivan and 14900 block of Sprague Avenue. Sprague will be reduced to one lane each direction with a center turn lane. The south side of the Sprague/Progress intersection will be closed.
- University Road between 4th Avenue and 16th Avenue – If weather permits, expect curb lane closures in both directions at different times around the clock through Friday, June 15 for resurfacing.
- 8000 Block of E Riverway Avenue – Expect delays and minor congestion due to heavy equipment in the area.