Despite the rainy start, it is now officially Bike to Work week. The week kicked off with a breakfast at Riverfront Park this morning, but if you missed that, don’t worry, there’s lots more happening this week.
• Monday May 16 (7am): Spokane Valley Ride to the Kickoff.
• Monday May 16 – Friday May 18 (6:30-9am): Energizer Station every morning all week at Roasthouse Coffee.
• Tuesday May 17 (6:30-9am): Valley Energizer Station at Spokane Valley Medical Center.
• Wednesday May 18 (7-9am): Morning Energizer Stations
• Wednesday May 18 (6pm): Ride of Silence in downtown Spokane.
• Thursday May 19 (6:30-9am): Valley Energizer Station at Wheel Sport East.
• Friday May 20 (6:30-9am): Valley Energizer Station at Spokane Valley City Hall.
• Friday May 20 (4:30 – 6pm): Bike to Work Week Wrap-Up Party! Hosted by Steam Plant Grill/Coeur d’Alene Brewing.
• Spokane Valley Ride to the Wrap-up (4pm)
If any of those items catch your attention, log onto www.SpokaneBikes.net for more information.
In honor of Bike to Work Week,
the Spokesman-Review today is profiling Bike to Work Barb, aka Barb Chamberlain. In addition to being a bicycling advocate, Barb is also the Chair of SRTC’s Transportation Advisory Committee and a member of SRTC’s Board. Here’s that interview.