A reminder that you’re invited to a Bike Advocacy Workshop presented by the City of Spokane Bicycle Advisory Board and Cascade Bicycle Club. The workshop is this Saturday, Oct. 24 from 9 a.m. to noon at the East Central Community Center, 500 S. Stone, in the Senior Room. An optional bike ride will follow, weather permitting.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
– Connect with fellow cyclists
– Learn about local bike projects, what it took to put them together, and the five elements of a complete bike plan (hint: it’s not just a map!)
– Get an understanding of the policy process and how we can be more effective as advocates for cycling interests
– Hear how Cascade Bicycle Club has become a force in the public policy arena
– Help us start to build the Spokane region’s bike agenda
If you’re interested in attending, PLEASE RSVP by clicking here and sending an email.