DEADLINE – Application packages are due by 4:00 pm on Friday, 04/14/23. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to 421 W Riverside Ave St 500, Spokane WA 99201. Email is preferred.
On 2/9/23 the SRTC Board approved the following Principles of Investment
1. Limit project applications to include grind and overlays, chip seals and other sealant projects;
2. Limit individual project awards not to exceed $1.5 million
3. Limit any one jurisdiction total awards not to exceed $3 million
- As part of the 2024-2026 Call for Projects, the SRTC Board of Directors set aside $9.2 million of Surface Transportation Block Grants (STBG) funds in order to fund capital maintenance and preservation projects to obligate in 2024-2026.
- This set aside funding allows member agencies to use actual pavement conditions rather than predicted pavement conditions to determine which projects best qualify for preservation funding.
- Federal and state funding requirements ensure that rural and urban small areas are distributed a portion of the awards. The rural funding for Waverly, Latah, Fairfield, Rockford, Spangle and portions of Spokane County outside of the urbanized area is allocated a minimum award totaling $1,104,000. The City of Cheney is Spokane County’s only urban small jurisdictions and is allocated a minimum award totaling $184,000 of the $9.2 million available.
|STBG Allocation Splits 2024-2026|
|Urban (73%)||$ 6,716,000|
|Urban Small (Cheney) (2%)||$ 184,000|
|Rural/Small Towns (12%)||$ 1,104,000|
|Flexible (13%)||$ 1,196,000|
For questions or more information contact:
KYLEE JONES, Associate Transportation Planner III
firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.343.6370