SRTC 2021 Call for Preservation Projects
- As part of the 2018 Call for Projects, the SRTC Board of Directors set aside $6 million of Surface Transportation Block Grants (STBG) funds in order to fund capital maintenance and preservation projects to obligate in 2022 and 2023.
- The purpose of this was to allow member agencies to use actual pavement condition rather than predicted pavement conditions to determine which projects best qualify for preservation funding.
- Federal and state funding requirements ensure that rural and small cities are distributed a portion of the awards. The rural and small city combined awards must be at least $805,000 and not greater than $1,650,000 of the total $6 million available.
Principles of Investment
- Limit project applications to include grind and overlays, chip seals and other sealant projects;
- Limit project awards not to exceed $1 million
- Limit any one jurisdiction total awards not to exceed $2 million
- On February 11, 2021 the Board approved three principles of investment for the 2021 Call for Preservation Projects, which are in the blue box above.
For questions or more information contact:
Eve McMenamy, Principal Transportation Planner
firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.343.6370
Application packages are due by 4:00 pm on Friday, April 30, 2021. Email is strongly preferred. SRTC staff continues to work remotely and therefore there is no option for in-person package delivery.